Sunday, October 13, 2013

10 Days Of Halloween Centers for First Grade : Day 4 - Monster Feet - Counting by Twos

 I love this one.  It's such a fun way to introduce counting by twos early in the year.  The adorable clipart by Jessica Weible was crying out for me to create it.  It is part of a Halloween Math Center packet I made for my first graders.


    

     It comes with a cute poem (yes, I guess I'm trying my hand at poetry), a set of cards for your math board, 12 mats featuring a problem on each.  Take a look below:
   The language and problems are simple enough for beginning first graders.  If a child has difficulty counting by twos, he or she can look up at the math wall or use this "Help Card" that you can include in the math center.
     Instead of writing the answer on the cards with a dry erase marker (I don't like using them), I use little number cards that they can attach to the answer space.
     I use Velcro dots to attach the answers.  It helps keep the cards in place for them.

      It comes with a recording sheet, where students write their answers and an answer key, so that they can check if their answers are correct.


     It comes with a recording sheet, where students write their answers and an answer key, so that they can check if their answers are correct.



     Enjoy the season!  We do in our classroom. 


     Thanks for visiting and I hope you come back for day 5.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 




Pin It button on image hover